How to start minting.
A step by step guide to creating your own Kinesis currencies using fiat, cryptocurrency or physical bullion.
Linking your Wallet to your Mint account
If you have not yet created your Kinesis Wallet please go to the previous guide.
- To start the registration of your Kinesis Mint account click the button below.
- Enter your details for the set up of your Kinesis Mint account. Once you’ve selected the type of account you hold, enter your Kinesis address from your Kinesis wallet.
- Upon clicking “Submit”, an e-mail welcoming you to the Kinesis Mint will shortly be sent to you so you can proceed to login to your account.
You will be required to funds to your minting account once created in order to purchase Kinesis currency via the Kinesis Mint.
Signing into the Kinesis Mint
- Go to your inbox and you would have recieved an automated email from Kinesis requesting email verification.
- You will be prompted to set and confirm a new password for your Kinesis Mint account.
Congratulations, your Kinesis Mint account has been set up and you can begin minting Kinesis KAU and KAG.
- You will need to deposit funds to start minting, to do this, click the “Add Funds” button to place your deposit.
- Enter the amount you wish to deposit before clicking “Transfer” to confirm your deposit instruction.
- Once you confirm your transfer notification, you will receive an email with payment instructions, including your payment reference number.
Once your payment has been processed, your funds will show as available in your Kinesis Mint account.
Each new deposit instruction will need to be approved by a member of the Kinesis operations team before these funds will be made available in your account. We endeavour to ensure this is processed as quickly as possible.
Minting KAU and KAG
With your newly deposited funds, you are able to place orders to purchase Kinesis currencies, KAU (1g Gold) and KAG (1oz Silver). Any purchases of Kinesis coins through the minting process will be deposited into your Wallet.
- First, select the currency you wish to mint by clicking the 100 KAU panel. We will purchase some Kinesis Gold in this example.
- You will be presented with a market view page for Kinesis Gold.
Here you can view the price chart for the KAU asset, view the order book depth and any open orders you may have.
Click “Buy” to proceed to complete a new order.
- Complete the place order details by entering the amount of currency you wish to purchase and whether you would like to place a market or limit order, then click “Confirm”, to proceed to verify your order.
To ensure the Kinesis currency to be purchased is deposited to your Wallet you will need to verify the placed order.
- Copy the message highlighted below in the tile and log in to your Kinesis wallet in a separate tab on your web-browser
- From within your Kinesis wallet click “Advanced” and on the dropped-down “Sign”, panel paste the copied message into the “Message” field.
Next, click the “Sign” button to generate a message signature.
Finally, Click copy and navigate back to your Kinesis Mint account.
- Paste the copied signature into the field highlighted below and Click the “Verify” button to proceed.
You will be presented with a wallet verification success message and directed to a cost summary of the order.
Confirm by clicking the “Buy” button, which will result in the order being placed onto the exchange and matched to execute the trade.
Your Kinesis currencies will be immediately available for you to view within your Kinesis Wallet and you will be presented with the following screen, showing the details of the order placed and resultant trade execution.
Upon your Kinesis currency purchase being confirmed and the emission of your Kinesis currency has taken place, you will receive an e-mail notification of your trade being confirmed.
Additionally, you will be able to login to your Kinesis Wallet and view your newly deposited coins, residing in your Wallet.