FAQ – Minters yield
I Minted before the launch of the Yield Engine, are my yields retroactive?
Yes, all Kinesis Yields, including the Minter’s Yield, are retroactively calculated. You will have been credited with all qualifying yields accrued from the beginning of your activity, between April 2019 and June 2021, in one lump sum on the first yield payout date.
Am I eligible for the Minter’s Yield? What Qualifies my KAU and KAG?
The Minter’s yield is designed to reward Kinesis users for minting and then using that minted KAU and KAG. In order to be eligible for the Minter’s Yield, you must first buy Kinesis Gold or Silver in the process of creating your own Kinesis currencies (aka. Minting), either using fiat or through the EPD process. You then activate your Minter’s Yield by either selling or spending your KAG or KAU on the Kinesis Exchange or using the debit card or transferring it to an unrelated, verified account or wallet.
For a full breakdown please read our comprehensive eligibility guide.
Do I need to Mint every month to receive my Minter’s Yield?
No. Your Minter’s yield is perpetual and you will be receiving a proportional stake of the Minter’s Yield fee pool every month on the amount you have minted and activated. You can grow this with monthly activity, however, previous activity will also be attributed to your account.
If I complete an EPD process, will that count towards the Minter’s yield?
Yes, Exchanging Physical for Digital (EPD), followed by either sending your digitalised bullion to another verified user’s account or selling/ trading it on the Kinesis Exchange, counts towards your Minter’s yield. Please find the guidelines here.
Will I receive the Minter’s yield if I purchase another asset (other than USD) with my minted gold or silver?
Yes. you will receive the Minter’s Yield as long as the KAU and KAG you are selling have been minted, and not bought on the Kinesis Exchange.
How is my Minter’s Yield calculated? How much Minter’s Yield will I receive?
5% of the Kinesis Master Fee pool is allocated to the Minter’s Yield fee pool. This 5% is then distributed to all who are eligible for the Minter’s yield in the proportion they have minted and used (either by sending or spending) as compared to other participants.
Calculating your Minter’s Yield consists of three steps:
- Calculating the ratio of gold or silver you have minted and sent or spent versus the total amount minted and sent or spent by all Kinesis users.
- Ensuring you followed all the steps in order to qualify for the Minter’s Yield (either by minting your KAU and KAG and selling on the Kinesis Exchange; or alternatively, by minting and sending it to another non-related Kinesis Account or Kinesis Wallet)
- Calculating the 3 x multiplier bonuses (eg. if you participated in the Kinesis PMO or IMO offers) and adding all amounts together to get the total qualified Minted amounts.
Please find a more detailed breakdown here.
Do I need to link my external accounts to receive the Minter’s Yield?
Although the vast majority of Kinesis users will be required to take no action, we still urge all participants to check that all addresses previously minted to are listed in the address linking widget on the platform. However, If you have only ever minted to the Kinesis Money platform via the Mint, your account should automatically be linked and no further action would be required. Those who have previously minted to an external wallet, will be required to prove ownership of that wallet by linking it.
We would like to emphasise that all unlisted addresses will not receive a yield. This is why it is imperative that all users follow the steps to ensure all addresses previously minted to are linked and listed. A comprehensive linking guide can be found here.
How, where and in which currency will I get paid?
- You will receive a yield in gold on all minted and transacted (sent or spent) qualifying Kinesis gold (KAU) and yield in silver on all minted and transacted (sent or spent) qualifying Kinesis silver (KAG).
- yields are paid monthly, in week 1 of each following month, for all yields accrued in the previous month.
- Your earned yield will be paid into your Kinesis Money KAU and KAG Account, although Kinesis calculates and checks your holdings and minted coins on all linked addresses. You can keep track of your yield via the yield dashboard in the Kinesis Money platform.