US physical Kinesis VISA card and hybrid banking Beta program now live
Kinesis is very excited to announce the Beta release of the US physical Kinesis VISA card and hybrid banking facility for our US users.
The US Beta release provides a select group of US citizens with the opportunity to experience the exciting features of the new physical Kinesis VISA card, and accompanying hybrid banking system, ahead of the public regional release.
With high limits and cash withdrawals, the physical Kinesis VISA card expands the real-world utility of Kinesis currencies and cryptocurrency. While the accompanying hybrid banking facility offers cardholders the functionality of a bank account integrated into their Kinesis money platform. The physical card account provides a variety of banking mechanisms for on-ramping and off-ramping of fiat currency into the Kinesis system.
The new Kinesis VISA card offers US citizens:
- Physical debit card
- $20,000 limit
- Global ATM withdrawals in local currency
- FDIC insured up to $250,000
- Manage cards via KM platform mobile app.
The hybrid banking facility offers US physical cardholders:
- Deposits into KM via standard visa debit or credit card.
- Save card feature for ease of deposits.
- Deposits via ACH transfer for third-party bank-to-bank transfer.
- Withdrawals via ACH transfer for third-party bank-to-bank transfer.
- Deposits via wire transfer
With more additions to follow in the coming weeks:
- International withdrawal to any bank account globally via SWIFT Transfer.
- International deposit from any bank account globally via SWIFT Transfer.
- Multi-currency international bank withdrawal.
Members of the US physical Kinesis VISA card and hybrid banking program will be charged a $4.99 monthly fee.
How will the Beta release work?
Kinesis users will have received an email to the new Kinesis VISA cards landing page, where US citizens are able to register for the Beta program. We will be whitelisting selected users in the US for a closed Beta, while we ensure smooth deliverability and operational aspects of the program. This requires a coordinated approach with our US suppliers which is why the Beta is necessary before completely opening it up to the entire US market.
Following on from the successful release of our virtual Kinesis VISA card, the physical Kinesis VISA card completes the integration of Kinesis currencies with everyday banking.
In conclusion, the release of the US Kinesis VISA debit card marks another milestone successfully achieved in line with our roadmap for 2020.